Optimal learning requires good emotional and physical health. Fredfort School Health Services works together with families and community for children’s health. The school administrator helps to provide an environment that promotes optimal wellness and safety for all students. We provide individualized quality health care for students, emphasizes health education at all levels and utilizes available community and school resources to promote an overall healthy lifestyle for students, staff and families. Some of the core health services of our school are:
- conducting health screenings
- providing specialized health care and services
- assessing and evaluating individual growth and development
- monitoring of students immunizations
- acting as a resource for faculty, parents and students
- providing individual health counseling to service emotional and physical health needs
- identifying and referring possible pediatric and adolescent health problems for early diagnosis and treatment
- evaluating and monitoring communicable diseases
- conducting health related classroom instruction
- acting as an advocate for children with special needs.
- serving as a liaison with parents and community health agencies
- providing educational and promotional activities for healthy lifestyles of our students and staff.
The purpose of the School Health Services is to strengthen the educational process by improving the health status and health knowledge of students. The goal of the program is to help students become responsible for their own health and wellness. The School Health Services cover three areas: health education, health services, and the maintenance of a healthy school environment.It is a comprehensive program that promotes and maintains optimum health for all students.